Pages

Thursday 2 October 2014

Kitchen Tile Paint Before & After

It's time to update you on our first exciting little decorating project - The kitchen.

There is a pretty good base to be going along with. The cupboards are white, clean and modern, and not too far from what we would've chosen ourselves. They do seem to have been incorrectly fitted though, with the worktops not connecting correctly and a few dodgy doors, but it's nothing we can't fix. The glaringly obvious problem was the burnt orange tiling... 
*shield your eyes now*


We looked at Pinterest for some style inspiration and came up with these few images that we really liked. We are gray superfans and tend to plaster it everywhere, but I think it looks particularly scrumptious in a kitchen. I've just noticed that all of the images have subway tiles! Sadly, for anyone that has just decked out their entire kitchen/bathroom with them, I think they might have already had their moment in the sun and are on the way out of fashion. I'm still mourning the retirement of the chevron *sob* and am currently in denial about my chevron bedding and cushions...



My parents recently revamped their shower room, which involved painting the tiles. Now, I know I'm a mere decorating amateur, but I didn't even know tile paint was a thing - Apparently it is! So we thought we'd give it a try. At least as a temporary measure, until such time as we are ready to replace the tiles altogether. 

So, without further ado... Here is the first coat finished! 




The room looks cleaner and more modern already. We found that the key was to scrub the tiles thoroughly with a rough brush before we started, so that the paint was being laid onto a clean, flat surface. Nobody wants crusty old toast crumbs poking out from their freshly painted tiles, do they?!

We're really impressed with the paint (I'll add the brand here later for anyone interested) and happy with the results in general. I'll be sure to do an update once we've finished the whole room.


Before I sign off - Can we briefly talk about the incredible cuteness of our teapot kettle?! It's an electric kettle housed within a proper ceramic teapot, so it keeps the warmth in and looks bloody adorable too! I'd never seen one before so I had to snap it up. You can find them here from B&M home department.


That's all for now, I'm already planning our next post which will be about our last home, the apartment. Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com